Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I wax negative about the arts.

My blog is for entertaining myself and anyone with similar sensibilities, and I don't want to make it porous with shitty subjects. So I will post this link to someone else's blog post about Terrence Sanders.
http://bundleofsage.blogspot.com/2010/01/pathetic-at-best.html
And then there's this. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1618254470/the-duffel-bag-boy/comments Then later I will delete this whole thing, because my blog isn't supposed to be a bitchfest.
Actually it's all on you guys, cause it's still not to late too just go watch re-runs of
"Lunches with Farrington" instead of reading all this.

Yeah, it's about Terrence Sanders, who's work I showed back when I had an art gallery.
He gave me massive amounts of anxiety, and bragged about making all the art overnight.
The entire show consisted of a trip to Kinkos, and a bunch of cheezy plexiglass box frames.
The show was called "Behind the facade", but after the show was over, he changed the name to "Darfur", so that he could have a show called, "Behind the facade". I guess it's green to recycle.

So then Terrence published a magazine... Art Voices. In my opinion, Terrence is a bad person.

The thing about the arts, is that it is a haven for the best and worst kinds of people, because there isn't the same immediacy to it's economy. People pour their heart and soul into the arts, as a labor of love...
Usually a labor of love for the arts, but sometimes it's a labor of love for their own bloated egos.
You get these narcissistic weirdos, who are able to dig out a niche for themselves, because the arts doesn't have the same standards of judgement as other industries and occupations. The arts is a lot more forgiving to people who have bs to contribute, rather than expertise and competence, because unfortunately, in our society not enough people contribute to the arts.

On the other hand, what is right with the arts is boundless.

2 comments:

  1. one of the reasons i walked away..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, so up yours, Terrences of the world, because we need to retain the Juans.

    ReplyDelete