Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Set my Blanket free.

Today I bought a turtle from Michael Jackson, I called him Blanket, and then I released him into the bayou at city park.  

There's this guy who thinks he is Michael Jackson, and he wanders around the Bywater, asking people for $1, to buy a diet coke, presumably because of the Michael Jackson Pepsi hair fire. 

Also, He seemed to have a little existential crisis, when Michael Jackson died. He always says, "Michael Jackson's dead, but I ain't dead, right? I'm Michael Jackson, can I have $1 for a diet coke?"
Usually I reassure him that he's not dead, but I won't give him the buck.

Today was different, because Michael Jackson was carrying a turtle, and asked me to buy it for $1. How could I resist the liberation of Blanket the turtle for the price of a diet Coke? I franticly scrambled around for the $1, could only find $20s, asked my pal Gary for $1, he could only scrape up 50 cents, freaking, I finally dug $1 from the depths of my pocket, and Blanket was mine. He was a good sized turtle, 6 or 7 inches from head to tail (retracted even), and mossy, definitely not a domesticated wus. Not a snapper though, he had pretty markings, and his shell would have cleaned up nice, had I wanted to keep him captive. I put him in the bathroom for safe keeping.

MJ wandered by a little while later, and asked if I'd save one for him, if it had babies, save two, if it had a whole lot of babies.  I told him I would.
Here is a picture of Blanket, right before we set him free.
I love them both.


No comments:

Post a Comment