Friday, October 22, 2010

Jammin'

When I first moved to New Orleans I bought a road bike, and put a big delivery basket on the front of it. It was fast as lightning, and I could carry anything on it.

One night I was riding home with a big Jar of strawberry jam in the basket. I was in top gear and had attained warp speed, when the car turned left in front of me. I didn't even have a chance to brake, and as I flew over the trunk, I though of how different my life would be, in a short while.  

Somehow I popped up off the pavement without a scratch! 
Or did I?

Glistening on the asphalt, a big wet gelatinous pool of thick red blood.

Oh, it's strawberry jam!

I rode my skinny tire 12 speed road bike into the side of a car as fast as I could peddle, flew over it, landed in the road, and didn't get a bruise, scrape, scratch, or mark of any kind. 

But I ruined my jam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment