Sunday, September 19, 2010

The time I was a cartoonist



Here are some comic books that I drew 5 years ago, after after Katrina. Excuse the Katrina references, because I am so over it. But these are some really funny comic books, (to me at least!) and are my first and last attempt.
I like the crudeness that comes from trying to do something without a lot of forethought.


See, New Orleans is a super-bowl.

It also turns out to be proof that I am a psychic. (about the Saints)


that up there is the cathedral on Jackson square


(not really)  

(only if we feel like it)

It's really like this, you look down the street, and there's this ship going by above you.

yes, that x-mas we did.









Some others:







So that one was a little bit about sweatshop labor, but more about poop.   I hope that last sentence didn't leave you hanging too bad. I don't know what it means either. Maybe it made more sense 5 years ago.






---And more---
This is about the vulgarity of X-mass consumerism.



See, that's a little teeny tree, on top of a lot of presents.










Responsible use of an apostrophe.



It's heart-warming!



---the last one---









Yeah, So shortly after I made these comic books, I did NOT publish them, and I did NOT fly out to participate In 
COMIC-CON!

4 comments:

  1. I'm gonna go to Comic-Con dressed up as Adam Farrington next year. Can I borrow your glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the first one, because it has poop in it. My stomach falls during the others, because I am bitter about Katrina, along with lots of other thoughts and feelings about the storm.

    Anyway, the crude drawing style is very direct, and hence exposed my emotions... perhaps more powerfully than a more polished piece would do.

    Thanks A Lot!

    ReplyDelete