Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fool's gold

I was cleaning out my truck the other day and hauled out a pair of roller blades that were given to me, that I haven't worn in I don't know how long.

But they were in decent shape, so I lay them on the sidewalk in case anyone wanted them.

This old toothless nut came by and asked if he could have them, and I said sure.

A few days later I was going into my house and he saw my bicycle parked in there, and he asked if he could have that...  When I said no, he asked why, so I explained why. (I wanted it)

Today he asked me if I had anything to give him.


I said no, not really, nothing except a bunch of gold I had been trying to find a way to get rid of.

He got all excited, "Gold! What kind of gold!?"
I said, "Gold bars! gold bullion! all kinds of gold!"
Then he asked if he could see it and tried to follow me inside.

When I broke the news to him he was a good sport...
"Awww, that's too bad, I thought I was gonna be rich..."

Then he asked if he could have my bike... which I still wanted.

I kind of want to start carrying magic beans, so I don't have to be such a stingy bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment