Monday, January 24, 2011

boring miracle

I was looking for a nut, and it magically appeared...
that's my story, in a nutshell.

Here's the drawn out version.

I have a flip video camera, which is really hard to hold steady, so I made a "steadicam", by welding a cast iron weight to one end of a 15 inch rod, and welding a bolt on the other end, so I could thread it into the bottom of my camera, and lock it tight with a nut. Works great.

So, when I made it, I bought a spare nut, which I lost under my table in my metal shop, and haven't seen it for weeks.

No big whoop, till I decided to superglue the missing nut to the bottom of my other cheap camera, so I could attach the steadicam to it. I went down to my metal shop and hunted all over the place, but couldn't find it.

I gave up, went upstairs, sat down, and Amy says, "what's the dog eating?"

She was eating the missing nut.

I know it was THE nut because it had certain distinct markings that could only occur in my metal shop, during the last time I interacted with this particular nut.
NOT MY NUT

NOPE


THAT'S MY NUT!



But it really did have a mark.

2 comments: