Friday, February 4, 2011

Different kinds of Jabbas

My pal Scott and I sure do like our iced tea.
We drink it every time we eat our lunches at Le Madeline.

The cashier gives us our paper cups...

AND THERE'S A DAMN TEA-JABBA CLOGGING UP THE DRINK LINE!

I'm not sexist or anything, but statistically, a tea jabba is a woman. She's usually O-beast, and fusses around trying to get just the right amount of ice, and after she finally tops off her tea, she picks up the tongs and carefully plucks 3 of the lemons with the least seeds. TEA-JABBA!!!

I try to control my frustration.

In the big picture, I should celebrate our mutual love of iced tea and free refills...

Rather than condemn the jabba for her thoughtless oblivion of those behind her.

It reminds me of a quote by Harry Kemp.
"I see the pokey TEA-JABBA and boast, I'd be so outta there with MY tea...
Perhapse someone somewhere, sees a tea-jabba in me..."

THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I.
There's also bread-jabbas.
You can get all the free bread you want at Le Madeline.
All you have to do is... pick... up.. the...tongs. and... a...dish...and...put...the...bread...on...the...dish...
There's free butter and jam also.
As a demographic, the different kinds of jabbas tend to overlap.
Sometimes we mutter "hey jabbajabbajabbajabba..." to dissipate some of the nervous energy of waiting.

1 comment:

  1. Where have I been? I never heard of a tea-jabba before! I like the photo; chartreuse looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete